Taiyaki Pan Japanese Fish-Shaped Hot Cake Waffle Maker
Pan: 5-3/4in x 6-1/4in x 7/8in(Per Side)
Fish shaped mold: 5in x 3in(Per Side)
Handle: 5-1/2in Long
Made in Korea
Taiyaki is a Japanese fish-shaped waffle. The most common filling is red bean paste that is made from sweetened azuki beans. Other common fillings are custard, chocolate, and cheese. Some shops even sell taiyaki with okonomiyaki or sausage inside.
Quoted from Wikipedia
* NO INTENSE HEAT-It May Damage the Merchandise.
2 cups wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup water
6 ounces azuki beans, mashed and mixed with enough sugar to form a thick sweet paste
1. Stir flour, water, salt, and sugar thoroughly. Add baking soda.
2. Heat the Taiyaki-ki (fish mold) on both sides briefly so it is warm, not in intense heat.
3. Spread the oil in the Taiyaki-ki and pour the mixed ingrediants into the Taiyaki-ki filling it half way.
4. Put Azuki beanes over the mixed ingrediants in the Taiyaki-ki.
5. Pour additional mixed ingrediants on Azuki filling the Taiyaki-ki.
6. Close the Taiyaki-ki and heat both sides turning the Taiyaki-ki over at intervals.
7. Let it cool and enjoy the Taiyaki.